Basic Life Support (CPR & Use of AED for Healthcare Providers)
Basic Life Support Training, formerly know as BLS for Healthcare Providers, is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. At Levande don’t offer the training in this name as this name is associated with the American Heart Association.
Basic life support means doing all you can to help a victim stay alive without anything invasive.
We, instead teach CPR & Use of AED for Healthcare Providers, which is still basic life support, for both single-rescuer and teams.
It trains healthcare professionals to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies in adult, child, and infant victims.
For further information, contact us or call 08177321761.
- Healthcare Professionals
- Trained first responders
- Those that require BLS certification and CPR training to enter into a healthcare-related training program.
What Will You Learn?
This course focuses on teaching the essential skills rescuers need to know to perform high-quality CPR in a wide variety of settings. After successfully completion, trainees should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival
- Apply the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognise the signs of someone needing CPR
- Describe the importance of early use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of an AED
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Perform high-quality CPR for a infant, child or adult
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an adult or child
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an infant
4 – 5 hours
Assessment and certification
Each candidate is continually assessed throughout the class, with such an assessment being based on participation, verbal questioning and analysis of practical techniques carried out. There is a test at the end which must be passed before certificates are awarded.
- 4 x Practical assessments (each for Infant, Child and Adult)
- 1 x Theory assessment
Certificate of Completion is presented to each participant at the end of the training for CPR & Use of AED for Healthcare Providers.
N35,000 per individual (a minimum of 6 in our office; between 8 – 12 participants if at your venue)