CPR and Use of AED
The CPR and Use of AED course contains training on the various levels of resuscitation and use of AED.
CPR is short for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. CPR training teaches a series of techniques designed to assist victims who are unconscious and not breathing.
AED stands for Automated External Defibrillator. This device is used to resuscitate patients with a heart rhythm abnormality and is used in conjunction with CPR.
First Aid training is not included with this course so if you want additional first aid training, the course to take is Emergency First Aid for the Workplace, Basic First Aid and First Aid for Adults training.
- Workers, Caregivers, Parents.
- Sports Professionals and Personal Trainers. (E.g. Football Association, Athletics etc).
- Churches, Charities & Local Government Authorities.
- Children & Youth organisations.
- Builders & Construction.
- Beauty, Retail & Hospitality.
- Home Carers.
What Will You Learn?
- Safety and scene assessment
- Treatment of an unconscious adult casualty who is breathing – recovery position
- Treatment of an unconscious adult casualty who is not breathing – CPR
- Importance of a defibrillator and how to use an AED
- Online class: At your own pace
- Physical class: 1 – 2 hours in our Lagos office.
Assessment and certification
1. The candidate is continually assessed throughout the training. The assessment is based on participation, verbal questioning and analysis of practical techniques carried out.
- 4 x Practical assessments
2. Certificate of Completion on CPR and Use of AED (Adults)
N20,000 per individual (a minimum of 8 organised at your venue if you need on-site physical sessions and it has additional cost of N50,000)