Emergency Paediatric First Aid for Teachers & Caregivers
This training is suitable for people who care for children in any professional setting and is specifically aimed at qualified early years childcare staff and those working with other staff who hold a Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate. Suitable for anyone working with children from birth to 18 years.
- Creche & daycare workers
- Pre-school workers
- School clubs
- Parents who want to learn lifesaving skills
- Those working with or caring for babies and young children
What Will You Learn?
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
a. Unconscious, not breathing – CPR & AED use
b. Unconscious, breathing – Recovery position
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is choking.
- Identify how to administer first aid to an infant or a child has minor injuries.
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock,
- Identify how to administer first aid to an infant or a child who is experiencing a few illnesses.
- The First Aid Kit
- The Emergency Action Plan
Class Duration for Blended Learning
- Online class: At your own pace
- Physical class: 3 – 4 hours in our Lagos office.
Class Duration for Wholly Physical Training (In-house or On-site)
7 hours (including breaks)
Assessment and certification
1. Practical skills are assessed by continuous observation by the trainer and there is a written assessment paper to check understanding.
- 6 x Practical assessments
2. Certificate of Completion on Emergency Paediatric First Aid Training
N25,000 per individual (for all training formats)
For wholly physical: a minimum of 8 organized at your venue or a maximum of 6 in our centre.