Emergency First Aid for the Workplace (EFAW) is suitable for those who work in low hazard environments or where Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines indicate staff should hold a certificate in emergency first aid at work. It consists of CPR, Used of AED & First Aid Training.
This course gives learners the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies they could encounter in the workplace.
If you don’t need first aid training for work reasons but would like to learn first aid for adults, take our first aid for adults class which gives you the confidence to act in a medical emergency.
- People responsible for First Aid cover for businesses of up to 50 employees
- Larger businesses looking to increase support for qualified First Aid at Work (FAW) staff
- Anyone requiring a regulated First Aid training qualification
- Sports Professionals and Personal Trainers (e.g. Football Association, Athletics etc)
- Churches, Charities & Local Government Authorities
- Children & Youth organisations
- Builders & Construction
- Beauty, Retail & Hospitality
- Home Carers
What Will You Learn?
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to assess an incident
- How to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Breathing: Recovery position
- Not breathing: CPR & Use of AED
- How to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to help a victim with strains, sprains and fractures
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty with minor burns and scalds
- Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty who is experiencing a seizure
- Use of the First Aid Box
- Recording and reporting an incident.
- The First Aid/Emergency Action Plan
Class Duration for Blended Learning
- Online class: At your own pace
- Physical class: 4 hours in our Lagos office.
Class Duration for Wholly Physical Training (In-house or On-site)
- 9 hours (including breaks and exam)
Assessment and certification
1. Each candidate is continually assessed throughout the class, with such an assessment being based on participation, verbal questioning and analysis of practical techniques carried out. There is a test at the end of the class which must be passed before certificates are awarded.
- 8 x Practical assessments
- 1 x Test assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper done online and at physical skills session).
2. Certificate of Completion on Emergency First Aid at Work.
N45,000 per individual whether via wholly physical (in-house or on-site) or blended learning (blended learning: online and physical at our office).