What is First Aid Training?
First aid training is a course that teaches individuals how to respond to and manage medical emergencies such as accidents, injuries and illnesses, until professional medical help arrives.
The aim of first aid training is to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery.
What does Validity mean?
Validity only applies to a certificate given at the end of a first aid training.
It refers to the length of time that a first aid certification is considered current and valid. This is the period of time after which a person is required to take a refresher course or complete additional training in order to maintain their first aid certification.
How long is a First Aid Training Valid for?
The validity of a first aid certification can vary depending on the training organization and the type of first aid training received. In general, most basic first aid certifications are valid for 2-3 years, while a more comprehensive first aid certification may be valid for 3 years.
It is important to note that some employers or regulatory bodies may have their own requirements for the validity of first aid certifications, and it is always a good idea to check with the specific training organization or employer to determine the specific validity period for your certification.
Additionally, some first aid certifications may have ongoing continuing education requirements to maintain their validity. It is always a good idea to periodically refresh your first aid training to stay up-to-date with current best practices and standards.
Are there different types of first aid trainings?
Yes, there are different types of first aid trainings available depending on the specific needs and requirements of the individual or organization. Some common types of first aid training include:
1. Basic Life Support (BLS) – BLS training covers the basics of CPR, choking relief, and the use of automated external defibrillators (AEDs). At First by Levande, our equivalent training is called CPR & Use of AED (Baby, Child & Adult).
2. Standard First Aid – Standard first aid training covers a wider range of emergency situations, including CPR, choking, wound care, and handling of fractures, sprains, and other injuries. At First by Levande, our equivalent training is called CPR, Use of AED & Basic First Aid.
3. Pediatric First Aid – Pediatric first aid training is specific to providing first aid to infants and children and covers topics such as CPR for children, managing fevers, and handling pediatric emergencies. At First by Levande, our equivalent training is called Emergency Paediatric First Aid.
4. Wilderness First Aid – Wilderness first aid training is designed for individuals who work or recreate in remote outdoor settings. It covers topics such as wilderness wound care, evacuation, and emergency response in a wilderness environment. We don’t offer this training at First Aid by Levande.
5. Workplace First Aid – Workplace first aid training is tailored to meet the specific needs of a workplace and covers topics such as emergency response planning, injury management, and the use of personal protective equipment. At First by Levande, our equivalent training is called Emergency First Aid for the Workplace.
Do you need CPR certification? Do you want to learn how to use an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)? Do you understand that learning First Aid Saves Lives? Contact us at First Aid by Levande and find out about all our CPR certifications and First Aid trainings.
First Aid by Levande is a service offered by Levande Healthcare Ltd.